Loan Periods & Fines
1. All library materials are lent for two-week periods with the privilege of renewal unless a request for the item is on file with the library. Renewals may be made by telephone, online or through e-mail.
2. In order to share our resources, no more than five books on one subject or by one author, five media kits, four audio books or four DVD/VHS movies may be borrowed per patron.
3. No more than three interlibrary loans may be active per patron at one time.
4. Reference materials may only be used in the library.
5. Most books in the Vermont (Williston) collection do not circulate except at the Library Director’s discretion.
6. Fines are not charged for overdue materials, but borrowers are billed for unreturned, damaged or lost materials per VSA 22 §111 (2001).
7. Users of the library who have failed to return books will be notified by mail of their responsibility. If these contacts fail, and the overdue amount is $75.00 or more, the Library Director will notify the trustees who will make additional contacts. If all efforts to resolve the situation fail, library privileges will be revoked. The police may be contacted to help the library retrieve materials whose replacement value is over $75.
8. If materials are returned, or payment made, library privileges may be reinstated at the discretion of the board.
9. Patrons may not place a reserve on periodicals which have not yet been received by the library.