Library membership is open to all Williston and St. George residents upon completing a registration form. Please provide identification with current local address. (Post Office Box is not acceptable). St. George residents have the option of choosing the Williston or Hinesburg library as their home library. They may not have cards at both.
The Chittenden County Homecard enables you to use most other libraries in the county. All patrons in good standing and over the age of 16 are eligible to participate.
Library materials may be borrowed for two weeks and may usually be renewed 3 times unless another patron is waiting for the item. An outside return box is available for after hours returns. Media such as DVDs, CDs and Playaways may not be returned via the dropbox. Please call (802)878-4918, email the library, renew your items online at https://daml.kohavt.org/ or stop by the library to renew your books.
There are no fines for overdue materials, but there is a "conscience box" on the circulation desk for those who wish to donate.
The borrower is responsible for replacement costs of all damaged or lost library materials.
There are a number of ways to put a hold on a book. We would be happy to assist you either at the circulation desk or by phone. A hold may also be placed from our website. To do this you will need your login and password. Please contact the library if you need assistance. Online holds may only be placed at your home library. If you are a homecard patron and would like an item placed on hold please call the library.
To place an hold from the catalog follow these steps:
click on "Search catalog"
- click on "Login in to your account"
- enter your login/password (generally the entire barcode is the login and the password is your last name, which is case sensitive)
- search the catalog for the item you would like held and access the full record by clicking on the title
- click on the "Place hold" icon on the right hand side of the screen
- if there is a date at which it will no longer be needed enter it here, or leave blank
- click in the radial button under "Select a specific item" and then click "Place hold"
- You will be taken to your account summary page
- The library will inform you when the hold is ready to be picked up via email if an email is on file, or by phone
- Please note that holds for books that are currently available are only pulled in the morning before 9:00 am. A hold placed after 9:00 am will not be pulled from the shelf until the following day.
Holds must be picked up within 5 business days or they will be re-shelved.
HomeCard Library Program
The HomeCard Library Program is a cooperative library system which has served Chittenden County as well as other towns willing to participate since 1991. Patrons that have HomeCard privileges may use their hometown library card to check out materials at participating libraries. The Fletcher Free Library in Burlington does not particiapte.
Patrons with HomeCard privileges must be in good standing to borrow from other libraries and present an active library card with a stamp signifying that they are in the HomeCard program. All materials borrowed from other libraries must be returned to that lending library.
If you are over 16 years of age and have a Dorothy Alling Memorial Library account in good standing then HomeCard privileges may be given at the librarians discretion. HomeCard privileges vary per library.