Vermont State Parks
The library has a a day pass to the Vermont State Parks available to Williston/St. George residents. The parks are a wonderful place to get away and enjoy a hike up a mountain trail or a picnic by a pond. Better yet, check out a book from the library and relax under a tree.
Curious what each park has to offer? Check out this iPhone app that has directions, important numbers and services at the parks: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oh-ranger!-parkfinder-vermont/id509618668?mt=8
Visit the Vermont State Parks website for more information.
Shelburne Farms is a 1,400 acre working farm with walking trails, children's farmyard, inn and restaurant on the shores of Lake Champlain. The farm hosts many special events throughout the year.
The walking trails at the farm are available year round. Leashed dogs are allowed from November 1 - April 30. No dogs are permitted from May 1- October 31.
The children's farmyard is open mid-October to mid-May.
Vermont Historic Sites
The Vermont Historic Sites pass allows access to some of the states most important site in history. These range from prehistoric encampments, Revolutionary War sites and homesteads of U.S. Presidents.
This pass allows entrance to the following places:
- Bennington Battle Monument
- Chimney Point State Park
- Ethan Allen Historic Site
- Eureka Schoolhouse
- Hubbardton Battlefield State Historic Site
- Hyde Log Cabin
- Justin Morrill State Historic Sire
- Mount Independence State Historic Site
- Old Constitution House State Historic Site
- President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
- President Chester Arthur Historic Site
Birds of Vermont Museum
The Birds of Vermont Museum has more than 500 carvings completed by Bob Spear, one of Vermont's leading naturalists and woodcarvers. The museum, located in Huntington, VT, is one of the best kept secrets in Vermont and visitors often find themselves returning many times. Some of the highlights:
- 101 acres of adjacent nature trails - some connecting with Audubon Vermont
- Bird songs in the Nesting Birds Exhibit
- Information on the art of woodcarving
- Endangered and extinct birds in dynamic exhibits
- Live songbirds up close through a one-way viewing window with amplified bird songs