- The login is the entire barcode on your library card (those are zeroes in the middle)
- The password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
Next find the item you want and place it on hold
- Search the catalog for the item you would like to put on hold.
- Click on the title of the item you are interested in borrowing. If none of the items are owned by DAML they cannot be put on hold.
- Click on the “Place hold” icon on the right side of the screen. Placing items in the 'cart' does not place them on hold. The cart is a holding place, much like a shopping cart.
- The radial button should be on the selected item. Enter in any hold notes or a date not needed (neither are required) and then click on the 'Confirm hold' button at the bottom of the screen.
Things to know
There is a limit of four holds per library card. This includes all holds, including those you suspended until a future date.
Only DAML patrons may place holds online. HomeCard patrons need to email or call the library to place holds. We highly encourage HomeCard patrons to use their home libraries when possible at this time.
Only items that are part of the DAML collection may be placed on hold. Bookmobile items and items from other libraries may not be placed on hold.
Holds are genearlly processed in the morning before opening and may not be available for pickup until the following business day. You will receive a notice when a hold is ready. The notice received depends on your account preferences. To change your peferences please do so with your online account or by contacting the library. The method is not changeable by each hold.