The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance.
The Library is currently open for browsing pick up of holds and computer use. All patrons, regardless of vaccination status are required to wear a mask at all times while in the Library.
In-person programming is currently a mix of outdoor events, with some limited indoor programming. Youth indoor programs are limited by registration and there is no eating or drinking during youth indoor programs.
The Library offers free Wi-Fi and power outlets on the patio. Wi-Fi is also available from the parking lot.
Please see our reopening plan here.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill, please stay home.
- Respect social distancing guidelines.
- Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
- Return materials to exterior book and media drops or return items inside.
- If you need to print, ask us about our email to print option.
- A self-checkout station is available (bring your library card!) so that patrons can check out their own books using their library card. Someone will also be available to check out at the circulation desk behind a sneeze-guard.
On April 8th, 2021 the library stopped quarantining returned items. We based the decision on this CDC Science brief, which looked at available epidemiological data and studies of environmental transmission factors, and determined that surface transmission is not the main route by which SARS-CoV-2 spreads, and the risk is considered to be low. Library staff will continue to practice good hand hygiene when handling books and materials.