***The library will be transitioning to in library pickup of items starting on Monday, May 17th. Patrons may either book a 30 minute browsing appointment or can come to the door and ring the doorbell to pick up holds. Please be aware that no one without a browsing appointment will be allowed anywhere except the front vestibule to check out items on hold.***
When your holds are ready for you to pickup you will be notified via the method you have selected in your account. You no longer need to contact us regarding when you will pick up a hold. Holds can be picked up by schedulng a browsing appointment which will give you 30 minutes to browse or by rigning the doorbell to pick up your hold (no browsing).
If we do not hear from you within a week the items will be placed back into circulation for other patrons to enjoy.
There are multiple ways to receive a notice that a hold is ready. Here are the options:
1. Email – when a hold is ready an email will be sent to you within a few minutes to let you know.
2. Text – when a hold is ready you will receive a text. Delivery depends on your mobile service but is normally within a half an hour.
3. Phone – when a hold is ready we will call you. Theses can take a longer time as we call as soon as we can, but it depends on how busy the staff are at the time.
You can have both an email and a text sent. A phone call means there will only be a phone call, no other method.
If you are not sure of how your account is set up you can see what you have set through your online account (daml.kohavt.org) under “your messaging”. You are welcome to change your notification method here whenever you wish but it will only apply to holds going forward. If no boxes are checked we assume you would like a phone call. You can find the email/phone number on file under “your personal details”. Please let us know if these should be changed.
Step one: Place items on hold (to see a short video click here)
- Go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- Login is the entire barcode (those are zeroes in the middle)
- Password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
- Search the catalog for the item you would like held
- Click on the “Place hold” icon
- Click on the radial button under “Select a specific item” and then click “Place hold”
- There is a limit of four holds per library card for DAML patrons
- Only DAML patrons may place holds online
- Only items from DAML may be placed on hold
- If you see an item you want at a HomeCard Libray please contact that library to place it on hold. You will need to pick it up and return it to the lending library.
- Holds placed may not be available until the next business day due to volume
Step two: Wait for your notification indicating that your hold is ready.
Step three: Remember, the library building remains closed to the public except for scheduled appointments or picking up a hold.
You can find more information on our COVID procedures here.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will be notified per the method listed on your account. Holds are generally available the day after the hold is placed.
How do I return materials?
Items may be returned in the media drops or inside when picking up a hold or during a browsing appointment. Please do not overstuff the drops with items.
Do I need a library card?
Patrons must have a Dorothy Alling Memorial Library card or be a Homecard patron in good standing to check items out. Patrons are limited to four holds. If you are a Williston/St. George resident and do not have a library card, request a card from Services>Library Cards on the menu.
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
May I place a hold via telephone or email?
What is being done to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
Patrons and staff should respect the need for physical distancing and not approach one another. This may feel uncomfortable, but is necessary to provide a safe experience. If you notice someone at door, please wait until they have exited the area.
Masks are still required in the Library at all times for anyone over the age of 2.