DAML and HomeCard patrons are now welcome to browse inside the Library by appointment. Book an appointment online yourself online. If you do not have an email please call us to schedule an appointment. To allow access for all patrons, please book no more than one appointment every two weeks.
Library browsing appointments are available Monday through Saturday starting on Monday May 17th. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. We ask that adults keep small children within hugging distance.
Browsing appointments are available in half hour increments 10-5:30pm Monday-Friday and 10-2:30pm on Saturday.
Please be on time for your appointment as you will only be allowed to stay for the booked time.
What we are doing to ensure your safety:
The Library follows Vermont Department of Health, CDC Health and Safety guidelines and State of Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) Phased Restart Worksafe Guidance. ACCD guidance outlines occupancy, signage, wellness, social distancing, mask protocol, sanitizing and other requirements for businesses and non-profits re-opening in Vermont.
You can find more information on our COVID procedures here.
Masks are required for all staff and patrons (except children under 2) in the Library, including the porch. If you need a mask, please ask us. We have re-usable masks and disposable masks available for you to keep.
We have a self-checkout station available so that patrons can check out their own books using their library card. Someone will also be available to check out at the circulation desk behind a sneeze-guard.
To keep our patrons and staff safe, please note the following:
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill, please stay home.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the library by those over age 2.
- Browsing is limited to the allotted time including check out time.
- One session is allowed every two weeks.
- Limited to family members in same household.
- Children under the age of 16 must be with an adult at all times.
- Sanitizing or washing hands before browsing is required.
- Reduce the number of books you touch. Keep young children within hugging distance and handle browsing books for them.