We're happy to be able to provide Porch Pickup. You may log in to your Library account to place up to 6 holds. Please note that the 6 holds includes any holds you may have on items that are unavailable (out with another patron for example) or that you have suspended. In order to use your 6 holds for available items you may need to cancel the other holds through your online account. Only DAML cardholders may place holds online.
If we do not hear from you within a few day the items will be placed into quarantine for 3 days and then back into circulation for other patrons to enjoy.
There are multiple ways to receive a notice that a hold is ready. Here are the options:
1. Email – when a hold is ready an email will be sent to you within a few minutes to let you know.
2. Text – when a hold is ready you will receive a text. Delivery depends on your mobile service but is normally within a half an hour.
3. Phone – when a hold is ready we will call you. Theses can take a longer time as we call as soon as we can, but it depends on how busy the staff are at the time.
You can have both an email and a text sent. A phone call means there will only be a phone call, no other method.
If you are not sure of how your account is set up you can see what you have set through your online account (daml.kohavt.org) under “your messaging”. You are welcome to change your notification method here whenever you wish. If no boxes are checked we assume you would like a phone call. You can find the email/phone number on file under “your personal details”. Please let us know if these should be changed.
Step one: Place items on hold
- Go to the catalog page and login: https://daml.kohavt.org/
- Login is the entire barcode (those are zeroes in the middle)
- Password is your last name, case-sensitive (i.e., Smith)
- Search the catalog for the item you would like held
- Click on the “Place hold” icon
- Click on the radial button under “Select a specific item” and then click “Place hold”
- There is a limit of six holds per library card
- Only DAML patrons may place holds
- Only items from DAML may be placed on hold
Step two: Pick up items
- Staff will put the items in a bag with your last name and first initial on the outside
- Bagged holds will be on a cart in the vestibule area in alphabetical order
- To support physical distancing only one person may be at the cart at a time
- We encourage patrons to wear face masks when approaching the cart
- We will hold items for one week from when we called you to pick up your holds
Remember, the library building remains closed to the public except by appointment. Please do not knock on the door or ask to enter the building.
You can find more information on our COVID procedures here.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know my holds area ready for pickup?
You will be notified per the method listed on your account. Wait times for holds may be longer than usual due to increased holds and reduced staff. Thank you for your patience.
How do I return materials?
Items may now be returned in the media drops. Please do not overstuff the drops with items.
Do I need a library card?
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, audio CDs, and Playaways.
May I place a hold via telephone or email?
What is being done to protect the safety of patrons and staff?
The contactless porch pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff.
Patrons and staff should respect the need for physical distancing and not approach one another. This may feel uncomfortable, but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service. If you notice someone at the pickup cart, please do not approach until the previous patron has finished.
Please wear a mask when retrieving items from the cart.
Bags are used to protect patron privacy, protect physical materials, and limit unnecessary contact.
The Library follows current Vermont Department of Health and CDC Health and Safety guidelines for operations.